If you lose your credit card, it is important to report the loss to the card issuer as soon as possible. This can typically be done by calling the customer service number on the back of your card, visiting a branch in person, or by logging into your account on the card issuer’s website.
Reporting a lost or stolen card will ensure that your account is immediately frozen, so no one else can use it. You will not be held responsible for any unauthorized charges made on the card after you have reported it as lost or stolen.
The card issuer will then cancel your old card and issue a replacement card. You may be charged a fee for a replacement card, depending on the issuer’s policy. Once you receive your new card, you’ll need to activate it and update any automatic payments you have set up with the card’s old number.
How can I get my lost HDFC credit card online?
If you have lost your HDFC credit card and would like to request a replacement card online, you can follow these steps:
- Log into your HDFC Bank account on the bank’s website.
- Go to the “Cards” section and select the “Credit Cards” option.
- Under the “Services” tab, select the “Block/Hotlist Card” option
- Select the credit card that you want to block and provide the reason for blocking it.
- Confirm the action and the bank will block your lost card and process a replacement card
Note: You will have to provide the necessary information to verify your identity while doing this process. Also, you may be charged a fee for a replacement card, depending on the issuer’s policy.
Alternatively, you can also contact HDFC Bank’s customer service by calling the bank’s customer service number, or by visiting a nearby HDFC Bank branch in person to report the loss of your credit card and request a replacement.